Many of our clients with large homes, estates, and ranches prefer to hire an estate couple team to manage their household. Our domestic couples possess a variety of skills that can streamline the management of your household. With a domestic couple team, you manage fewer people and have far less traffic at your property, such as a cleaning service, handyman, pool maintenance company, etc.
Highly skilled and professional, domestic couples offer an astounding variety of hands-on skills, whether you live on an island, vineyard, or forested estate (read our Success Stories). Heartland’s couple teams tend to be mature adults who leave traditional corporate and business careers for more rewarding careers in private service. They take great pleasure in serving others and take pride in their work.
Skills include culinary arts, caring for your fine arts and antiques, shopping, serving meals, vehicle maintenance, and ground and pool maintenance. The team will keep your entire property in pristine condition with a sense of pride. In addition, domestic couple teams can offer computer skills, are technically savvy, and have experience with state-of-the-art security, audio, lighting, and other smart-home systems.
In addition, a domestic couple team can manage and supervise contractors, subcontractors, and vendors who help to maintain your home. They develop a professional working relationship with these service providers while protecting your privacy – always respecting your home and family name in a confidential, professional manner. Heartlands couple teams often become long-term, loyal employees who perfect their service skills to anticipate your needs.
Our domestic couples typically perform a variety of the following tasks:
- Hands-on housekeeping with care of special surfaces, antiques, fine art, and fine furnishings or manage a cleaning staff
- Menu planning, shopping, preparing, and serving formal and informal meals
- Laundry, ironing, wardrobe care, dry cleaning inventory, packing and unpacking, storing seasonal clothes
- Coordinate all entertaining and guest needs; greet and assist guests
- Hire, train, and supervise support staff
- Vehicle maintenance, chauffeur, and transportation
- Coordinate and monitor vendors
- Grocery shopping, household errands, personal shopping
- Assist with entertaining, special events, and business meetings
- Prepare multiple properties for occupancy
- Household accounting, record keeping, petty cash accounts, etc.
- Above average computer skills (email, word processing, bookkeeping, etc.)
- Extensive multi-home maintenance for yearly rotating chores and other property needs
- Coordinate with owner, architect, and contractor on all construction projects
- Negotiate contracts, invoicing
- Grounds maintenance: landscaping, gardening, lawn and tree care
- Basic handyman skills to maintain all structures on the property
- Large and small equipment maintenance
- Spa and pool maintenance
- Answer the door and phones, representing you in a professional manner at all times
- Sort and review mail; answer correspondence as needed
- Inventory of all household items
- Act as chauffeur and drive children if needed
- Pet care
We’re ready to help with your estate staffing needs.