The needs of our clients who own ranches vary. Some have working cattle, horse, or agriculture ranches. Here, ranch managers supervise the entire operation. Other clients need caretakers to manage large retreat homes, outbuildings, and acreage as well as care for the riding horses and other livestock. For many clients, the ranch manager must also have polished hospitality skills
Good ranch managers and caretakers have ranching in their blood. They are a singular breed and possess many skills, a love of the land, a strong work ethic, and the desire to live in remote areas. Our ranch manager candidates embody this description and can fulfill your caretaking and ranch management needs, no matter how unique or varied!
In addition, we have highly educated consultants on staff to assist with all of our ranch properties. Our consultants specialize in conservation, wildlife habitat, land preservation, and cattle and haying operations. Let us help you determine the type of ranch staff to meet your property’s needs.
Our ranch managers/caretakers typically perform a variety of the following tasks:
- Provide overall property management
- Provide first-class hospitality to owners and guests
- Hire, train, and manage ranch hands
- Maintain the ranch budget
- Research and purchase equipment (backhoes, graders, crawler tractors, hay equipment, etc.)
- Maintain equipment, including preventive maintenance
- Manage livestock (commercial and registered)
- Oversee the maintenance of all structures on the property including the private residence, barns, and corrals
- Provide basic veterinary skills
- Oversee agriculture management including rotating crops and growing feed (alfalfa, grass, meadow hay)
- Maintain and manage orchards and vineyards
- Maintain all irrigation and sprinkler systems
- Manage all land leases
- Manage all timber lands for forestry program and fire protection
- Maintain and facilitate conservation easements
- Support range management strategies and work with agencies on rangeland grazing plans
- Support plans to restore habitat and protect ecosystems
We’re ready to help with your estate staffing needs.