Live-out Director of Operations
Hiring a Live-out Director of Operations for an established family office in Las Vegas, NV. These are long-time clients of Heartland, and we will only be submitting the highest quality candidates to the current Director for review. The Director of Operations leads an operations team responsible for multiple residences, projects, fine art, antiques, vehicles, aircraft, events, and day-to-day family activities. Responsible for prioritizing short-term tasks and long-term projects relating to the principals’ personal affairs and events directed by the family office, the Director of Operations has oversight of all matters relating to multiple residences and physical assets.
The Director of Operations also manages multiple team members who are directly responsible for said assets, their weekly upkeep, renovations, repairs, maintenance, and projects as needed. The Director of Operations reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer for the Family Office. The Director of Operations will be responsible for supporting the Family Office by managing the day-to-day “Family Operations” and having ultimate oversight of all assets personally owned and operated by the Family. He/She will also oversee the family operations team including, and not limited to: Estate Manager, Residential Family Services Manager and Family Office Executive Chef.
The Director of Operations collaborates with Family Office to ensure all asset budgets are created and maintained appropriately and providing an annual review and subsequent direction for each asset budget. In addition, the Director of Operations understands the specific needs and preferences of the family and oversees the planning and execution of all family events.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Executive oversight for the daily family operations, family-initiated residential projects, and delivery of services as directed by the Family Office Chief of Staff, Chief Executive Officer and Principals of the Family.
- Responsibility for all personal, non-financial assets of the Family including residences, vehicles, collections, aircraft, antiques, insurance, and other valuables.
- Provide vision, direction, and leadership to Family Operations staff; foster a high-performance, collaborative team in which quality goals through a positive, encouraging, and supportive work environment.
- Work closely with the Family Office Chief of Staff to assist with Family Office operational functions, Family Office operations budgeting, Family Office projects and infrastructure.
- Oversee the execution of domestic private travel in partnership with the Family Office Administrative Team, external Aviation Team and relevant service providers.
- Oversee and work closely with domestic leadership, household staff and personal aides.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manage a variety of special projects for the CoS, some of which may have both a family and organizational impact.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Chief of Staff’s office, Family Operations, and other internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Executive management.
- Review/assess current systems and recommend improvements to meet current and future family office needs, leverage technology effectively.
- Responsibility for personal collection of 56 vehicles including but not limited to buying, selling, and facilitating maintenance of both retail and collectable quality vehicles.
- Provide financial oversight and management of family properties/residences and other real estate.
- Lead continuous improvement of processes and procedures to ensure operational efficiencies; provide input and leadership on issues and initiatives impacting family office performance.
- Responsibly manage family budgeting and operations costs.
- Effectively build credibility and strong relationships with all family members, family advisors and family office staff that are consistent with the family’s legacy and values.
- Foster an engaging environment of open communication, trust, collaboration, and mutual respect; serve as a sounding board/strategic thinking partner to help Chief of Staff identify and assess opportunities and risks to make informed decisions.
- Identify and vet external resources; ensure that all outside resources are well managed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 5+ years in a Director of Operations, Assistant Director of Operations or Director of Residences role.
- Technology savvy with proficiency in both Mac, PC, Crestron, and Lutron Lighting Systems.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Possesses service-minded attitude; “no job too big or too small”.
- Hands-on approach to principals’ service.
- Flexibility in scheduling with willingness to accommodate principals’ needs on occasional weekends/evenings.
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Understands and can relate well to high-net-worth family members; highly proactive approach to serving family / CEO needs; knowledgeable about family office culture; service heart; aligned with family legacy and values.
- Expert generalist and strategic thinker who anticipates issues and opportunities, and effects solutions on a proactive basis; ability to “see the big picture”, yet highly attentive to detail, and implements appropriate actions to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to create value and continuous improvement; strives for operational excellence and has a proven background of increasing efficiencies; leverages technology effectively.
- Strong leadership, management, and mentoring skills; ability to develop and effectively lead a culture of quality and excellence.
- Strong project-management and problem-solving skills; thorough and comprehensive in researching and analyzing solutions and alternatives with the ability to concisely present findings and insights to facilitate informed decision making; skilled in explaining financial matters and complex concepts to a diverse audience in an easy-to-understand and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building credibility and relationships with all constituencies, both internal and external; promotes open/transparent communication CEO, colleagues, and staff; diplomatic; fosters a culture of inclusiveness and a collaborative work environment.
- Proactive yet flexible leader with an “all-hands-on-deck” approach and mentality; approachable; empathetic; collegial, team player with high EQ and self-awareness.
- Self-confident individual with sound judgment and common sense; demonstrated ability to see multiple sides of an issue, engage and provide objective counsel and recommendations with conviction to support sound decisions; creative; innovative.
- Intellectually curious; self-starter; highly motivated; strong work ethic; committed to excellence; sense of humor; healthy balance of confidence and humility.
- Trustworthy individual of utmost integrity, values, and professional reputation; demonstrated discretion, confidentiality, and loyalty.
- Exhibits polish and professionalism; represents the family well.