"After interviewing several agencies that specialize in estate staffing for one of our clients, we chose Heartland. They responded quickly to our needs and understood the issues. They took on a challenging assignment with professionalism and a sense of humor. Both good traits. We maneuvered some bumps in the road as partners and successfully placed a wonderful Estate Manager with our client. We look forward to an opportunity to work with Betsy and her team again."
- MR, Washington DC. Rankin Group representing an Estate Manager Client
Our House & Estate Managers provide the service you want and the security you need – whether you have one home or several estates
We have a pool of hands-on household managers who can run a single home, as well as estate managers who can efficiently manage multiple properties. Our house manager candidates are extremely capable. These professionals oversee your existing household staff or, if the job demands it, they roll up their sleeves and do the work themselves. Either way, you never worry about the daily operations of your household.
Heartland’s household managers and estate managers are screened for their experience managing busy, active households with or without a support staff. They are highly organized, intelligent, and can multi-task, wearing many different hats, plus they are well-versed at training and managing a team themselves.
Our household managers typically perform a variety of the following tasks:
- Chauffeur and transport children as needed.
- Manage vendors, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Supervise construction projects.
- Maintain household budget and handle invoices.
- Manage household finances and petty cash.
- Arrange travel and guest accommodations.
- Maintain records and create household manuals.
- Inventory and order food and household items.
- Inventory and manage fine items
- Handle guest interactions and correspondence.
- Conduct internet research and assist with technology.
- Keep family schedule and calendars.
- Plan and coordinate events.
- Hire, train, and supervise support staff.
- Manage cleaning staff and home maintenance.
- Schedule appointments and run errands.
- Organize spaces and home office.
- Maintain vehicles and care for pets.
- Handle formal service and event preparations.
- Resolve staff and vendor issues.
- Provide light to regular housekeeping, laundry, and meal preparation.
Heartland screens our estate managers for their superior communication skills and their experience and ability to manage all of your properties with seamless service standards. They offer emotional and intellectual stability, a commitment to long-term employment with a business-like mentality, and extraordinary dedication to the families they serve. With a proven track record of longevity and supporting references.
Our estate managers typically perform a variety of the following tasks:
- Represent employers and assets confidentially.
- Supervise household staff across multiple properties.
- Handle contracts, invoices, and service providers.
- Manage employee records and HR tasks.
- Schedule maintenance, staffing, and accounting.
- Develop protocols for all properties.
- Arrange travel and prepare homes for employers.
- Research and manage purchases as a representative.
- Maintain records for taxes, insurance, and assets.
- Handle smart home technology and databases.
The value of an estate manager
An estate manager offers invaluable support to homeowners by taking on the intricate and time-consuming responsibilities of property management. Their role is grounded in maintaining privacy, ensuring consistency in service, and simplifying the complexities of overseeing multiple properties. Beyond streamlining operations and meticulously handling day-to-day tasks, estate managers contribute to a sense of order, security, and organization that allows homeowners to enjoy their properties without the burden of administrative details. Their presence adds significant value by safeguarding assets, maintaining records, and overseeing property maintenance, ultimately enhancing the overall quality of life for homeowners.
Hire an estate manager
Hiring an estate manager offers homeowners expert support for efficient property management. They handle multiple properties with confidentiality, streamline operations, negotiate contracts, and oversee staff, freeing homeowners from time-consuming tasks. Their protocols enhance property maintenance and services, ensuring hassle-free living. From travel coordination to smart home technology, estate managers provide versatile assistance that brings peace of mind and efficient property management.