We have a pool of hands-on household managers who can run a single home, as well as estate managers who can efficiently manage multiple properties. Our house manager candidates are extremely capable. These professionals oversee your existing household staff or, if the job demands it, they roll up their sleeves and do the work themselves. Either way, you never worry about the daily operations of your household.
Heartland’s household managers and estate managers are screened for their experience managing busy, active households with or without a support staff. They are highly organized, intelligent, and can multi-task, wearing many different hats, plus they are well-versed at training and managing a team.
Our household managers typically perform a variety of the following tasks:
- Represent the family in a professional, discreet manner at all times
- Keep all family members on schedule and maintain calendars, attending to their specific needs as directed
- Hire, train, and supervise additional support staff in the home
- Manage cleaning staff to ensure the entire home is meticulous
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings and other engagements
- Organize closets, storage spaces, home office
- Run errands as needed including grocery shopping
- Act as chauffeur and drive children if needed
- Research, negotiate, schedule, and supervise all vendors, contractors, and subcontractors
- Supervise construction projects
- Maintain the household budget, negotiate and approve all vendors’ invoices
- Maintain accounting for household checking, credit/debit cards, and petty cash
- Make travel arrangements and assist with guest accommodations
- Maintain records for projects, vendors, purchases, vehicles, and repairs
- Develop a household manual for the residence with yearly schedules for all household maintenance items, vendor contracts, emergency numbers, etc.
- Create an inventory of all food items, household products, and order and purchase items as needed
- Create an inventory of all crystal, silver, fine art, and other items as requested
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance, keeping all vehicles licensed
- Provide care for family pets (feed, walk, groomers, vet appointments, etc.)
- Be knowledgeable in flower arranging, table setting, and formal service
- Resolve difficulties with staff or vendors in a stress-free manner
- Provide light to regular housekeeping
- Understand the proper techniques and tools necessary to care for fine arts, antiques, fine china, silver, etc.
- Provide light to regular laundry and ironing service, wardrobe and closet organizing, and proper care of fine linens
- Provide light to regular meal preparation
- Greet guests, answer the phone, and handle correspondence
- Conduct Internet research and product ordering as necessary
- Offer basic computer knowledge, including QuickBooks
- Be technically savvy with smart-home systems
Heartland screens our estate managers for their superior communication skills and their experience and ability to manage all of your properties with seamless service standards. They offer emotional and intellectual stability, a commitment to long-term employment with a business-like mentality, and extraordinary dedication to the families they serve.
Our estate managers typically perform a variety of the following tasks:
- Represent employers and assets in a respectful, confidential manner at all time, reporting directly to employer
- Direct supervision of all household staff, traveling to multiple properties to ensure all homes are running in the same seamless manner
- Negotiate all contracts, supervise work and review invoices for all outside serve providers
- Keep accurate records of all employees; hiring, firing, training, compensation, taxes, reviews and supervision
- Implement schedules for all maintenance, staffing, accounting and services needed for all properties
- System and procedure protocol development for all properties
- Coordinate all travel arrangements; ensuring homes are prepared for the employer’s arrival.
- Research purchases and act as employer representative
- Maintain accurate records for all property taxes, insurance and other important documentation
- Maintain accurate records of all assets in the various homes and on the properties; inventory, insurance, etc.
We’re ready to help with your estate staffing needs.