Leaving the safety, security, and comfort of your home is difficult … perhaps incomprehensible. But for an elderly parent or other loved one who can no longer live alone, the choices are few – unless you find an experienced, caring companion to live in the home with them.
A live-in companion can be less expensive than a nursing facility. And the level of continuity and individual care far exceeds that offered by most nursing facilities.
The professionally experienced live-in companion helps to create a healthy, happy home brimming with care, attention, and life! In addition, companions offer around-the-clock emergency care, ensure medications are taken appropriately, and drive your parent to doctors’ appointments, visits with friends and relatives, and other errands.
In addition, our caregivers will provide you with reliable, regular updates on your parent’s current condition; accurate news regarding visits with doctors; and alerts about medication changes or any changes in their health status. Most of all, you’ll feel secure knowing your parent is eating right, is socially engaged, and is being cared for by the same nurturing companion every day.
We recognize the high level of trust and care required by live-in companions. Therefore, to become a Heartland elder companion, our candidates undergo an extremely thorough screening process.
Our companions for the elderly typically perform the following tasks:
- Provide continuity in care
- Provide nurturing, loving dedication
- Ensure a safe and clean environment
- Provide regular, healthy meals that adhere to dietary restrictions
- Provide regular communication between physicians and family
- Monitor and administer medications, as instructed by the physician
- Provide friendly companionship, ensuring the senior remains active and socially engaged
- Supervision with gentle reminders as needed, allowing seniors to feel they have not lost their independence
- Drive to doctor appointments, hair dresser, visits with friends and relatives, and social engagements
- Run errands
- Provide light housekeeping and laundry
- Provide 24-hour emergency on-call care
We’re ready to help with your estate staffing needs.